Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Gmail - Settings

Gmail - Settings

Little did we know what we can actually do with Gmail. If you have a Gmail account the Gmail Labs offers some interesting ideas to use in your settings. Yes, I'm technically a Thunderbird affcionado, but Gmail offers a couple of things in the meantime that make it an interesting alternative.

I know, Gmail is a bit "intrusive" to say the least, but apart from viable privacy concerns there are a couple of idea I really like:

Undo Send: That's the main reason for looking into this a bit deeper - triggered by a CNN article.

Mark as Read Button: Interesting it's not in the Gmail standard, sometimes I like to keep a message
even without reading it; maybe I'll look at it later.

Forgotten Attachment Detector: A heavenly idea! I'm famous for announcing attachments and not attaching them - mostly followed by an "Oops! I forgot to attach the attachment", in most cases with the attachment attached. I'm just waiting to make this blunder to see it it really works.

I think I'll try some more, maybe there are some that are more useful than they sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment