Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Photography Legality

Bert P. Krages Attorney at Law Photographer's Rights Page

Paris Streets 2 As a photographer it looks like you're living on the edge a bit if you're taking pictures of anything else but the eight feet tall sunflower in your backyard.

Bert Krages has put together a leaflet that helps to assess the process of taking pictures and it seems that under United States law this process is relatively liberal in favor of the photographer (I just wonder who will now take on this law - after I used this term "liberal").

It does not address the issue of "publishing" yet - i. e. it seems you can take hundreds of pictures in public places (I do that a lot), but you might be supposed to let them rot in your binders, drawers or on your hard drive.

I think I'll explore more of this issue, especially the role of "Model Releases" in a later post.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment